Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Few questions about this forum

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Pascal
Admin
Pascal

Number of posts : 225
Organisation : UL CNT Besançon
Registration date : 2006-08-20

Few questions about this forum Empty
PostSubject: Few questions about this forum   Few questions about this forum EmptyMon Aug 21, 2006 11:34 am

Dear comrades,

First hello and welcome to all comrades who are registred...

I just would like to know what you think about the organisation of this forum : should i add new categorie ? Should i delete some other ?

For instance, i just create categories about the countrys of the Middle-East like we see it in France. Do you think it could be good to add also other countrys like North Africa (Algeria, Morroco, Tunis...) because the problems (imperialism and political islam) are the same ? Or the countrys from Caucasus (Azerbaïdjan, Georgia....) or former soviet Central Asia (Uzbekistan, Kazakstan...) because this countrys are also touched by the war between imperialism and political islam ??

Other think : i created more categories about worker theorie (worker communism, trotskism, anarchism...) : do you think it's helpfull or just one categorie "theorie" is enought ? The same about culture... I was thinking it's important because we, communists or worker activists, are fighting for the culture for the masses... but maybe just one categorie "culture" is enought ? Or you think it's better to do like i did "Cinema", "books", "music"... ??

Tell me please also if you have other ideas to change this forum... I created it more like a test yesterday, even i think it could be a good tool for speaking together, western comrades and comrades from Middle-East, about how to fight against imperialism and political islam...

Last edited by on Thu Aug 24, 2006 4:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://cnt25.over-blog.com/
Rol
Admin
Rol

Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2006-08-21

PostSubject: Re: Few questions about this forum   Few questions about this forum EmptyMon Aug 21, 2006 1:51 pm

Dear administrator

I think thre is too much categories in the section "worker theorie". I guess you can delete the "Old" interresting text (Marx, Bakunin, Lenin, Rosa Luxemburg...)". For me, this part is the same than "Other marxists currents".
For the culture part, I think it's pretty cool like this.

Maybe the section : "Declarations, discutions in different langages and translations" is too important at this time. The principe is very interesting, but as we have only few members, there is too much languages for now. I guess it can be reduced to three or four languages, like English, French, Arabic and Deutch, according to the location of the members. Moreover, the major risk of this section is to confine the debate in a language... It will be better to create the sections when members will ask it.

Important there is some vocabulary errors : discution discussion, langage language, teatre theatre or drama, bevor before
Back to top Go down
Pascal
Admin
Pascal

PostSubject: Re: Few questions about this forum   Few questions about this forum EmptyMon Aug 21, 2006 1:58 pm

Thank for your answer...

I'll way what think other comrades about the section "theorie"

For the different languages, i used the different languages of the Middle-East and add also languages in witch our declaration was translated... Of course, it can be changed if users ask for it, it can be possible for instance to add spanish because it's an international language...

I'll try to make the correction you told me... My english, especially when i write it, is, of course not very good...
Back to top Go down
Rol
Admin
Rol

PostSubject: Re: Few questions about this forum   Few questions about this forum EmptyMon Aug 21, 2006 2:05 pm

Pascal wrote:

I'll try to make the correction you told me... My english, especially when i write it, is, of course not very good...

as mine Laughing
Back to top Go down
Pascal
Admin
Pascal

PostSubject: Re: Few questions about this forum   Few questions about this forum EmptyMon Aug 21, 2006 2:10 pm

Quote :
as mine Laughing

Yop... I hope comrades from UK, USA or Australia will write in a simple english so that we can understand everything... cyclops

I forgot : you are now administrator too, so you can do correction if you understand how it works... But don't worry, i just did the corrections you asked me to do.

For the other questions, i'm wainting for the answers of other comrades...
Back to top Go down
Pascal
Admin
Pascal

PostSubject: Re: Few questions about this forum   Few questions about this forum EmptyMon Aug 21, 2006 2:39 pm

Quote :
I think thre is too much categories in the section "worker theorie". I guess you can delete the "Old" interresting text (Marx, Bakunin, Lenin, Rosa Luxemburg...)". For me, this part is the same than "Other marxists currents".

Maybe the best is to have just two categories in the section "theorie", like "marxism" (who inclued worker-communism and trotskism) and "anarchism and anarcho-syndicalism".... (and to delete "Old" interresting texts also). But maybe to add an other categorie "feminism" ? Or just a categorie "worker's theorie" (who inclued all currents of the worker movement : anarchism, worker communism, trotskism, left communism...) and an other called "feminism" ?

What you think about it ??
Back to top Go down
Rol
Admin
Rol

PostSubject: Re: Few questions about this forum   Few questions about this forum EmptyMon Aug 21, 2006 2:57 pm

I think it's a good idea !

PS : use the edit button to prevent the double post. Wink
Back to top Go down
Pascal
Admin
Pascal

PostSubject: Re: Few questions about this forum   Few questions about this forum EmptyMon Aug 21, 2006 3:12 pm

Quote :
I think it's a good idea !

What is a good idea ?

Just one section "Theorie of the worker movement" ?
The same and and other about feminism ?
Two categorie "anarchism" and an other "marxism" ?
With an other "feminism" ?

Please give me a clear answer Shocked

Quote :
PS : use the edit button to prevent the double post. Wink
It's not a double post... i wrote two different messages tongue
Back to top Go down
Rol
Admin
Rol

PostSubject: Re: Few questions about this forum   Few questions about this forum EmptyMon Aug 21, 2006 3:49 pm

I devellop my answer, in my mind 3 forums (feminism, anarchism, marxism) is the solution for this section, it keep it clear and understandable. And additionaly, it will simplify our work of administrator if a post wouldn't be post at the right place.
Back to top Go down
Pascal
Admin
Pascal

PostSubject: Re: Few questions about this forum   Few questions about this forum EmptyTue Aug 22, 2006 11:50 am

I was thinking about this issue this night... i think just one forum called "theorie" is the best...

I don't think a lot of comrades want to have long discussions like "the split between anarchists and marxists in the first international".... Even, i think in theoretical discussion, everybodie can use texts or books he likes...

I think that interresting discussions can be for instance : "Is the political islam a fascist current ?" (the iranian comrades wrote a text about it), "what is imperialism ?" (and there are different point of wiew on this issue in the worker movement, for instance the discussion about it between Rosa Luxemburg and Lenin) or "what about national liberation struggle ?" (and about this question, there are a lot of text in the worker movement, marxists like Rosa Luxemburg, Lenin or anarchists like Rudolf Rocker).

So, i think the best is just one forum about "theoretical discussion", in general... Place where comrades could also but links to "old interresting texts" if they want to speak about it, or where it can be possible to speak about feminism too...

If nobody is against, i will change it today... (and if comrades are angry because this change, i can change again).
Back to top Go down
Pascal
Admin
Pascal

PostSubject: Re: Few questions about this forum   Few questions about this forum EmptyTue Aug 22, 2006 12:28 pm

I changed it now... I think it's better. What you think about it ?

I put also the categorie "call for solidarity" on the top, so that it's the first thing people will read.
Back to top Go down
Pascal
Admin
Pascal

PostSubject: Re: Few questions about this forum   Few questions about this forum EmptyThu Aug 24, 2006 11:22 am

I suggest few transformations :

1) To delete the forum "Ask for help and counseilling before travelling in an other country"... I think it's not usefull... If a comrade from want country wants to meet comrades somewhere else, she/he can use the PM or open a discussion in the forum "For speaking about everythink".

2) To delete the different forums "cinema", "books", "music"... and to create just one forum "culture and science" in the categorie "Just for fun and speaking"... If someone could suggest me an other name for this categorie it would be nice.
I know Rol finds it better to have different forums about culture, but i'm not so sure it's helpfull.

3) To delete languages where there is no text and to add news languages steap by steap when it become helpfull and when someone can moderate the discussion (for instance, if someone publish racists texts in turkish nobody will be abble to understand it and to delete it).

And other question is about the pictures in front of every forum.... some comrades told me there are too much pictures and better to delete them. What you think about it ?

Of course, i'm wainting also every other suggestions.

PS : I delete the anoucements in the forum. Better, because we never know what kind of annoucement can be there.... But for it i had to pay (2 euros for one month without anoucements). I suggest that every month an other comrade do it. But now, we'll have no anoucement during one month (we are quiet until the 24 september).
Back to top Go down
Rol
Admin
Rol

PostSubject: Re: Few questions about this forum   Few questions about this forum EmptyThu Aug 24, 2006 12:09 pm

I agree your suggestions, in particular to reduce the numbers of languages. For the culture section, as if I think it's an interessant part, it will be better to reduce it in the section discussion.
Sorry I dont already find the way to increase the size of the post. I begin to doubt it's possible... Mad Mad .

I suggest to reduce the number of smilies, because the most are unnecessary, and increase the time to load a page, especialy for the people connected with a 56KB connexion.
Back to top Go down
Pascal
Admin
Pascal

PostSubject: Re: Few questions about this forum   Few questions about this forum EmptyThu Aug 24, 2006 3:16 pm

Quote :
I agree your suggestions, in particular to reduce the numbers of languages.

I'm asking me also if this categorie is relly usefull... Now, there are for instance some texts in french in the forum about Iraq.

The text of our union, for instance, could be published in the forum "war between the two poles of terrorism" in different langages, and the text from the Communist League "we are NOT all hezbollah" the same or in the forum theorical discussion ?

I tried but i did not find how to do it to find a way to make possible to put little flags (like this Few questions about this forum Flag-english) in the title of the topic... so people can see the language of the discussion. But i'm not sure it's possible (because you can not put smilies in the title...). I'll try again tomorow, but i think it's hopeless Crying or Very sad

But even it's not possible i think everybodie will see the language used in a topic Laughing (and if not, it means he don't understand it). It's also possible to write in the beginning of all topics the language like :
[français] contre le chaos...

This is linked also to the other topic i open about the rules of this forum :
https://freedom-eguality.forumotion.com/viewtopic.forum?p=59#59

Or maybe to open also a discussion about the languages.... Because if english is the language that the more people can understand, we know all very good comrades who have interes about the situation in the Middle-East but who can not understand english or who understand but are not abble to write it.

The question i ask is should we not delete all the categorie : "Declarations, discussions in different languages and translations"
(Of course, i'll not delete the messages, just to change the forum) ? Nico, for instance, published texts about Iraq in french in the forum "Iraq", i think it's better than to publish it in the categorie "french", no ?
Back to top Go down
Pascal
Admin
Pascal

PostSubject: Re: Few questions about this forum   Few questions about this forum EmptyThu Aug 24, 2006 4:09 pm

Quote :

I tried but i did not find how to do it to find a way to make possible to put little flags (like this Few questions about this forum Flag-english) in the title of the topic... so people can see the language of the discussion. But i'm not sure it's possible (because you can not put smilies in the title...). I'll try again tomorow, but i think it's hopeless Crying or Very sad

I was too pessimistic !! It works !!

How you find this idea ??

Better than a lot of different forums with different langages, no ?

So my prupose is to delete all the categorie with the different forums by languages and to use the little flags for every new topic... I find it's easier and better. What you think about it ?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Few questions about this forum   Few questions about this forum Empty

Back to top Go down

Few questions about this forum
Page 1 of 1